David Jones, artist and poet (1895-1974) begins his PREFACE TO THE ANATHEMATA :

'I have made a heap of all that I could find.' (1) So wrote Nennius, or whoever composed the introductory matter to Historia Brittonum. He speaks of an 'inward wound' which was caused by the fear that certain things dear to him 'should be like smoke dissipated'. Further, he says, 'not trusting my own learning, which is none at all, but partly from writings and monuments of the ancient inhabitants of Britain, partly from the annals of the Romans and the chronicles of the sacred fathers, Isidore, Hieronymous, Prosper, Eusebius and from the histories of the Scots and Saxons although our enemies . . . I have lispingly put together this . . . about past transactions, that [this material] might not be trodden under foot'. (2)

(1) The actual words are coacervavi omne quod inveni, and occur in Prologue 2 to the Historia.
(2) Quoted from the translation of Prologue 1. See The Works of Gildas and Nennius, J.A.Giles, London 1841.


23 June 2016

punk at 4o

        
40 years ago this month Brisbane band The Saints recorded (I'm) Stranded

THE SAINTS Australian punk band. The 1st album have been announced in 77 early, even in the early punk band release time is entering the fast category. The sound, however, oldies rock 'n' roll as it is, such as the gain-up feeling, more purely garage of feeling so-called punk. The 1st album I have really cool. The other really shake not rock 'n' roll a linear and stubborn. And charmed. Char Aznable are most character to enter the strongest class in Gundam history Once you shake off the doubts. What I suddenly I'm coming out is what in the Gundam? I do not know. Well, anyway I might have wanted to tell that I'm I really amazing is the I lost no rock 'n' roll. Excuse me is Mr. things Char Forget. Now is the Saints. Saints first, looks is explosively please. Toka it did not receive much in the classy British youth in the cause. Or lie or truth . But, it looks aside, Garejii rock 'n' roll in the punk is the best. It digs a Gibson guitar in Marshall, turn the knob to appropriate to Peppe and right, feel Well ze !! like a graciousness's rock 'n' roll. Toka how the sound, where the play is not a how Toka kind of dimension.The Replacements and the Saints is the-top of the garage punk rock 'n' roll in me. After, I Devil Dogs. Listening to this three of the band, I wonder if not anymore something music Toka hup Demoin?And it has think. Well, so short, music is the what, it is what the expression, play I Toka ~ is ~ personality, something like that's stupid Do with . Yeah. Zukyun !! its punk something that Yu me. Whether not you just have it. Saints, this I also say to The Replacements, but I do not even mean a separate song What amazing. Until it Once only say that skip something Mini. It does not also mean there is a great good melody . Are many Toka rust songs equivocal.  However, it's there is good. No, I'm sorry, is hup Demoin. You say something. Maybe it is you think I'm to trust Toka love of sportiness of a place I shake is not for the rock 'n' roll . No, I'm sorry, it is such a thing hup Demoin. You know if you listen.

thanks to Rumblebabys
           
paint at norty
     

AAA_ Art Archive Australia  
 detail
 A Person Looks At A Work Of Art/
 someone looks at something...

 LOGOS/HA HA